Export Address book.

andsome

When I need to reinstall Windows, I export my address book contents to a floppy disk, and then load the e-mail addresses back onto the computer. My daughters crap top does not have a floppy drive or a CD burner, and she wants to transfer over 200 e-mail addresses from there to a new desk top. I tried copying to Word and sending the contents as an e-mail to the new desk top. They arrived OK, but not in a form which could be copied or downloaded into the desktop address book. Any ideas please, short of having to retype them into the new machine? I think they need to be transferable in some form or other by e-mail.

Many thanks for that. I have had a look at it on my own computer and it looks as though it would work. On the e-mail that I sent to myself, the only way that I could get the option to add to address book, was by dragging across the bottom of the list and then upward to highlight them all, then right click, and this gave me the option to add to address book. I did not get that option by clicking Edit. I have spoken to her on the phone and she will try it. There is however a big snag. She tells me that her addresses are all split into four different folders. She will give it a go.

AS I said it does appear to work. The problem for her is the four folders in her address book. They are one for her personal friends, and three for three different yoga classes that she teaches. She will give it a try though.