Outlook express

Guest Min_Man

Guest Min_Man

I have tried to use outlook express but failed miserably when I want to get my e-mails from my ISP to go to OE.............an error message comes up.............."your ISP has disconnected"................I am with BTopenworld/BTinternet.com has anyone had similar probs,if so how did you fix em ?

:ph34r:

Guest Min_Man

I thought I had.................the set up wizard recognises the ISP for both the incoming and outgoing..............this is the message I get when I try to send e-mails from OE

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '', Server:'', Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Guest Min_Man

OE launches when I log onto the net..................it is when I try to send e-mails that I get the error message. My e-mails dont migrate from my ISP either :(

Good evening Min_Man,

Something else you may wish to check, but if you use emails from isp's other than BT, you will need to change their outgoing smtp servers to route through your BT account. So for example, if you have a freeserve account which should be set to smtp.freeserve.net, you will need to change that to smtp.btinternet.com (or whatever your BT account should be).

However, there may be a slight difference here, because I know that when using BT ADSL, if you have an other email account, you have to route that through smtp.btclick.com, with any BT accounts going through the normal smtp. I am not sure if this is the same with dial up.

Hope this helps, Regards, Mr. Mouse.

Thanks madboy33, but I've still got a funny feeling that for non BT accounts, you need to set your outgoing mail to smtp.btclick.com

You do not need to change the incoming pop details.

Mr. M.

PS just did a quick search on btopenworld, and whilst not totally definate, the two links I visited confirm the above.

Guest Min_Man

Thanks guys I have got it sorted,I re-done it from scratch with the help of tech support from BT..............madboy you were right about the POP and smtp for BT................it was just there was a little bit missing in the set up which I only saw when I re-did it (it wasn't glaringly obvious).................I can now happily send and receive e-mails from OE :D

BTW only BT would have 2 possible POP and smtp wouldn't they ?? :rolleyes: , and the help page of e-mail for setting it up aint very helpful !! :angry:

:ph34r: