Microsoft Management Console 3.0 for Windows XP

Microsoft Management Console 3.0 (MMC 3.0) is a framework that unifies and simplifies day-to-day system management tasks on Windows by providing common navigation, menus, toolbars, and workflow across diverse tools.

More details and download: KB907265 (Genuine Windows Validation required).

After installing MMC 3.0 I experienced some error messages when running applications under MMC (Diskeeper), but these messages can be either ignored once, or ignored permanently, and the apps run just fine.

I apologize for the link above - this was the link for the Windows XP download only. Here is the real KB article (which was not available when I posted this earlier this week), which contains all download locations for the various Windows XP and 2003 Server systems:

This article also explains that the error message I described earlier is caused by the snap-in, and not by the MMC.

post-1524-1143014570_thumb.gif

In my case this occurred with Diskeeper 9. I have contacted Executive Software tech support about this error message.

N.B. this is not a new error that occurs with MMC 3.0, that error occurred before, but it was not reported by earlier versions of MMC.