Diskeeper Lite 9.0

Intel® Desktop Utilities, available from http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/idu/, contain a number of useful tools:

• Hardware Monitor
  • Diskeeper Lite
  • NTI Backup Now
  • StressTest
  • Symantec Security Check
  • Avocent AdminWorks

Some of them are trialware, some - like Diskeeper Lite - freeware.

I post this because Diskeeper Lite 7.0 was the last version that was officially distributed, and that is widely available for download. I found this package by chance, and I thought that if anyone using DKL7 might want to upgrade to DKL9.

Warning: I read in several places that DKL7 must be uninstalled first before installing DKL9.

P.S. There are two downloads on the link above; you need to download the large file (89MB) in order to get Diskeeper Lite. The file is a self-extracting ZIP archive that will unzip a folder IDU_2.1.9.66 and subfolders for each tool. Diskeeper is in the 3rdparty folder.

Additional Warning: Do not attempt to install any of the Intel tools, such as the hardware monitor, if you do not have an Intel motherboard!

Diskeeper 10 is well worth paying for if you find that you like the free version of 7. Boot time defragmentation is particularly useful. and really speeds up the computer. I was lucky in that I had used Diskeeper 7 paid for version for some time, then had problems. I was offered a FREE upgrade to Diskeeper 10.