Recording Streamed Sounds & Video

AlanHo

I came across This site which has some interesting software.

I was looking for a way of recording to my hard drive any streaming audio and video playing on my computer.

I finished up purchasing their software called "Internet Radio Recorder" and "Internet Video Recorder" which both work great.

I know they are not free - but at $13 each plus $4 shipping from the USA - it isn't exactly breaking the bank for software that does what it says on the tin and is supported.

A few days ago Nellie posted This frustrating game where you moved a red square within a block and try to avoid moving blue ones. I have struggled to beat 33 seconds despite recording my efforts using the above software and playing them back with pauses to see where I went wrong. This is a frivolous use of the video recorder but shows its versatility.

I have used the radio recorder to make MP3 recordings of sound effect samples taken from various web sites for use in my photo slide shows. For example, we visited the Isles of Scilly by helicopter two weeks ago and I was able to download from the internet and record the exact sound of a Sikorsky S61 - the same helicopter we flew in. I also downloaded the sounds of waves crashing on the shore, sea gulls, birdsong, pub background noise etc etc. These sounds now accompany appropriate pictures in my slide show with which I can now bore stiff my friends and relations.

I am confident someone on the forum will come up with cheaper or free alternatives - I will therefore try not to view this thread again so as to avoid getting disappointed.