How To Install Fedora Core 4 Boot Loader?

i have a winxp sp2 and fedora core 4 installed on my computer... it works find until a while ago my winxp is damage and i have to re-install it... but, since then winxp boot loader take over and it doesn't recognize my FC4.... anybody know how to set the boot loader so it will use FC4 boot loader? can i use the recovery disk (disk5) from FC5?

i have a winxp sp2 and fedora core 4 installed on my computer... it works find until a while ago my winxp is damage and i have to re-install it... but, since then winxp boot loader take over and it doesn't recognize my FC4.... anybody know how to set the boot loader so it will use FC4 boot loader? can i use the recovery disk (disk5) from FC5?

I think you should be able to. I never tried. I often use Ubuntu's live CD and it fixes GRUB very easily.

On Fedora I imagine it would be something like this:

boot into rescue mode and go:

chroot /mnt/sysimage

grub

find /grub/stage1

then put the output of the last command instead of the question marks here:

root (hd?,?)

(it would probably be root (hd0,1))

then

setup (hd0)

and then

quit