Shuttle computers

Alan2273

I have just built a Shuttle SN95G5 V3 for a friend and no problem putting it together as I have built about 5 Shuttles before and never a problem.

But this one was something else.

The components I used were A 939 64 3500 Venice core processor, 2 X 512 Kingston PC3200 RAM, Creative FX5600XT graphics card and A Maxtor 160gb SATA hard drive.

When I tried to boot it it started then in half a second it shut down, so I tried again and exactly the same problem and each time a red LED came on by the AGP slot.

So I tried another graphics card and tried different memory, and still the same problem, I could not boot it and that red LED came on every time.

After trawling the shuttle forums it seemed I was not the only one with this problem but there was no solution found so I e-mailed Shuttle with the problem and they replied that there was no fault with the motherboard, it just did not support Manchester, Venice or sandiego cores so it could not be RMA'd.

They suggested that I buy a Newcastle, Winchester or Clawhammer core.

Now that is what I really call disgraceful customer relationship(if it does not work buy a new part it is not our fault it will not work with certain AMD 64 bit processors), I sent back a reply for them to put this information on there website as to certain versions of the processor not working with this model, but have received no reply to that.

I shall never buy another Shuttle.