HP scanhet 4850 flatbed scanner

jimwest

Just bought a new HP Scanjet 4850 to replace a Microtek v6upl. Great scanner but no Microtek scanner, even new ones will work with WIN XP Home Media Center. Old computer was taken out by lightening strike.

I was very happy with the speed of the 4850, until I realized that I MUST choose the kind of scan, B&W, color, etc. for EVERY scan, and then MUST preview EVERY scan because it AUTO CROPS wrong. I have cleared the box, that is supposed to stop the Auto Crop, but it continues.

I need to know how to change the defaults so that it will remember from scan to scan, what kind of scan I want, and the scan area. I am scanning old newsletters, and have about 3,000 to do. This is going to take much longer if I can't change these things.

HP Support just says sorry - have to change the crop area EVERY TIME. Just doesn't seem right.

Jim West

Jim I've removed your e-mail address for safety. If anyone wants to contact you they can do it through the PM link in your profile. doug (mod)

WELCOME TO WF.

Sorry I can't help with the problem personally. I just wanted to point out that it is dangerous to publish your e mail address. It is possible that you could get spam as a result. If people e mail you from the address in your profile, that address is NOT on show, so you remain safe. If I were you I would ask a MOD to remove the address.