Bit Info

Guest ellas

Guest ellas

just thought I would post about how fickle computers are,built a puter from scratch used a oldish dvd rom to load xp and its was working fine,put a no name old cdrw in and all of a sudden the dvd would only work in PIO mode,then using the intel accelerator s/ware the only option was to change it to PIO in bios as you cannot in d/manager with that s/ware,anyway thought I would take the dvd out and leave the cdrw as master,started puter and the bios threw a wobbler(the option is set to monitor the master on both ide cables) and said the atapi cdrw was in otherwords crap and would not load it,so xp spent ages trying to find it,anyway took cdrw out put dvd rom in everything ok,pondered should I risk another cdrw or go for a combo,seen a great bargain at dabs for a AOpen cdrw for £32 so I bought it put in in at slave checked dvd and hey presto no probs :) bloody computers :rolleyes:

Then again, If this was 20 years ago, and you told somebody that you were building a computer from various leftover parts, with no formal training , people would think that you were taking the piss.........!