Screen loss

dadyassa

Everytime I turn on my PC I get nothing on the screen and have to hold the start button in to shut off.

I take the lead to the monitor out from the video card and put it back in, reboot and the screen comes on.

This even happened today while installing a program, it had to restart the PC to complete the installation, on the restart no screen, so had to switch off and do the connection bit.

I have taken the video card out and refitted it making sure of good fit.

Can it be a problem with the power supply, the card, the motherboard, the monitor cable, or what ?

It only happens when power to the PC is shut off, so I am leaving it on all the time. but then living in Spain we get quite a few power cuts so it is beginning to be a pain in the R`s.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

regards john

Windows XP Professional

ASrock K7S8XE+ 1.0 M B

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Vid card

Samsung S/T 77E/76E Monitor

Scarecrow Man

Thanks for the help, maybe a good excuse for a new monitor then. I will see if I can borrow one and see if it is that. There has been no other problem with the monitor though.

Seems strange that just a loss of power for a millisecond loses the video connection. When the lead is off the video card I still get the error screensaver on the monitor saying no connection, so the power must be onto the monitor ok.

thanks john