Domain certificate?

CJ550

I'm having a site developed by a small web design firm. My question is can I expect the domain name certificate that was set up for me or does the web company hold on to this information?

Also there is an annual maintenance charge, what is this for? how long will it last? how muvh normally is it? thanks for any help

Oh.... I think you should ask the company that is doing the site for you those questions.

If the domain name was registered in your name then you should get the certificate, but you need to enquire what the firms policy is.

Maintenance could be all sorts of things, will you need your site updating from time to time? Is it being hosted on their server? You should ask them to specify what they mean by maintenance... I assume that if it is an annual charge then the contract will last for a year.

I don't have any idea about prices I'm afraid