creating an ssh tunnel between work and home

prejudged_fire

I have been trying to set up an ssh tunnel from my computer at work to my home computer. I followed the tutorial here to do so. This is also a way to bypass the firewalls but thats not my intent (although that would be cool). Anyway, I followed the instructions exactly and it wont work. Heres what I did:

First I downloaded putty onto my home computer and saved it to a floppy to use it at work.

Then I downloaded opensshd and configured it to start at windows startup.

I made a batch file containing the following line:

putty -D 8080 -P 443 -ssh MyHomeIP

and saved it as "shunnel.bat".

According to the instructions, after I have done this, all I have to do is run shunnel.bat at my work computer and a tunnel will be created, allowing access to my home computer (and bypassing the firewall if Internet Explorer is set up correctly). Well, I started opensshd from my command prompt at home (command: net start opensshd) and it started successfully. I left my internet connection on all day (I use a PPoE DSL connection) and made sure that opensshd was started. Then when I run "shunnel.bat" from my floppy at work, a putty terminal comes up and after a few minutes, I get a "connection timed out" error. I double checked everything and made sure I had the right IP address and everything seems right so why do I get this error?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Mr you might have using a wrong IP address , you better check it once again, in case if you are using the correct IP address then you download the same thing and check again , if it is the same case , it may due to a problem in server ,just check it out.

=================================================================

shinyallard

Business Opportunities