Help-download Problem

sarabinti

hello all,

i have win 98SE, 512 ddr. Athlon TB1.4 64DDR VC.

i only have a problem when i download something (like yahoo messanger or MSN etc..) it only download half the way then it freezes though i still can access the web with normal speed but when i click ctrl + alt + del i find the thing i am downloading stopped responding.

i apreciate any suggestion you may have and thank you for your help.

by the way i am using Modem 56k V.90

I've had similar problems with my boardband connection, but i have put the cause of the problem down to the websites and not the connection.

However the software you trying to download i would expect no problem from as they are from people with a lot of money.

Are you able to name anything else you have tried downloading, and if so, provide us with the link so we can have a go to rule out a possible problem with the website.

We can then point the problem at either your ISP, or your computer.

I personally swear by Download Express - free from :-

http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_...ame=desetup.exe

It's based on their (pay for) Mass Downloader product - but in its current state will do anything you need - multi-thread, AV check, resume (+ small footprint as well)

thanks all for the reply.

yesterday all of the sudden at a certain time i downloaded everything i need with no problems, i tried later on to download something and the problem occured, so it's almost for sure that it's the ISP problem.

thanx again

P.S

i just started using download accelator, because i have been using it for years now. but if there is something better please share it.