Franklin Mint

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

I have sent an email to Franklin Mint telling them what I think of them. I kept it clean too and didn't rant and rage.

It went along the lines of......shame on you, how can you even contemplate destroying and shutting down the charity that was set up in Diana's memory with the money that was donated at her death...it is like destroying Diana's memory. You make enough money from your nasty dolls, donating your proceeds to charity wont undo the damage you will cause........blah blah blah.

What do you think? I just clicked on the contact us button on the home page.

franklin mint

To be honest I never did have much time for Diane, I thought that she was a photo opportunist. Anyone could do charitable work when they have all that cash coming in and all that time and nothing else to do. Having said that, one of the good things that did come out of her life was the memorial charity. It is disgusting that a private company should have sought to make a profit at the expense of those who the charirty was helping, and even more disgusting is the fact that they have issued a law suite.

Whatever we say, the fact is that what Franklin Mint have done, and are still doing is despicable. All that matters to them is the almighty dollar. However before anyone gets carried away about Diana just think about a few things. How many unsung heroes and heroines are there doing charity work at much cost to themselves? Cost in terms of not only cash but valuable spare time, in addition to trying to scrape a living together. How is it that whenever she made a midnight visit to some hospital or other the press were waiting? No other hospital had the press waiting that night, only the one she was visiting. She was a pretty poor actress when it came to the shy look from under the eyebrows, sure it took some of you in, but cast your mind back to how much overdone it was. When she got killed who was looking after the kids? What kind of mother would be off gallivanting all round Europe with a playboy, leaving the kids at home in the care of servants? If I had a clothes allowance of Ā£10,000 per month and unlimited travel provided, and a nice fat income, and all the other trappings of unearned wealth, I could have toured round and sat children on my lap. I am sorry if this rant upsets anyone, that is not the intention. I just get sick of all the fuss and palaver made over so called celebrities. As far as I am concerned, Royalty is a waste of space, and harks back to the feudal days. As I have said, the people who are really to be admired, are those unsung heroes and heroines amongst us, who labour away for years in their own time without any recognition and publicity.

A lot of the 'unsung heros' perhaps did what they did as a result of a tradition built up by folklore and legend. If folklore adds another beautiful and compassionate princess for the enjoyment and moral stiffening of future generations, what's the harm ? I'd rather be a Diana fan than get tossed in the bag along with Snow White's step-mother. :D

Guest Nellie2

What ever anyone feels about the person Princess Diana was, we are getting away from the fact that the Franklin Mint are suing a charity.

This charity does a lot of good work helping a lot of people. They have now had to suspend grants and stuff because they are being sued!!! I would have thought that the fact that Franklin Mint won their court case would have been enough for their injured pride....... but oh no. This american culture (sorry american friends) of sue and counter sue just because you can gets right up my nose to put it politely. It looks like the only people who are going to benefit from Diana's death from now on are the lawyers!!!!............Now that can't be right!!!

Just a minute! Wasn't it the Diana Charity that sued Franklin Mint in the first place and started all this sueing business? Seems to me that the charity wanted rights over anything and everything to do with Diana. Well, they cocked up bigtime. So blame the Diana Charity bosses for the mess they are in. Incidentally, they froze their own funds when there was no legal requirement to do so (in an attempt to court sympathy, I presume). Just because it's a charity doesn't mean that it can do as it pleases.

The whole situation is very emotive because it concerns Diana and her charitable work, but let's put the blame where it should be put - with the management of Diana's Charity. Let's hope these fools do the honourable thing and resign. That would, I think, then be the end of the matter and the charity can then get on with its main remit, that of being charitable.

Pete

Franklin Mint are not the devils people are trying to portray them as. The charity was the instigator and seem to have acted irrationally and with no thought for anything other than petty vindictiveness. Franklin Mint on the other hand have promised to give any money resulting from this case to similar charities.

Seems to me that Franklin are simply trying to kill off any further attacks from the charity's incompetent board.

Fund officials have been criticised for their handling of the legal battle in the US courts with the Franklin Mint souvenir company.

The original legal action failed and last year the Franklin Mint launched a counter suit in California, drawing the fund into further expensive legal proceedings.

The announcement is likely to prompt more criticism of the way the millions donated by well-wishers after Diana's death almost six years ago have been handled.

Diana fund

p.s. Andsome, can you make sure the Royals are taking a break in France when your bomb lands ;)