Disable Stupid Active Movie Window

Hello,

Everytime I open a video (streaming or from my files) in Windows Media 11 it opens a seperate Active Movie Window to show the video. WMP 11 plays the saound and opens fine but the video is shown in a seperate window. How do I disable the stupid Active Movie window. Thanks,

jph

• 1 year later...

If you go up to tools, then options, then performance and then down to the advance button. Along the left side of this GUI at the top you'll see where it says video acceleration, uncheck the box that says "Use high quality mode" That will fix it!

I have come to the point in my life where I don't like having to undo abortions like this that challenge my computer skills. To always having to fight a machine just to get something done when in the end I WILL LOSE everything to a virus that my anti virus didn't catch but all the rest could find.

I have since become a mac family member and I can tell you that it's now a pleasure to use a real computer!!!

Some advice... run to your nearest mac dealer... now

Jeff