Aol & Special Offer

djohn

Hope this will be of help to anyone with an AOL dial-up account!

Wednesday23rd. I called to cancel my dial-up account, and was asked why I wanted to do so. I explained that I wished to go Broad band and had been offered accounts with other ISP's, ranging from £23.00 to £28.00, some with no 12 month tie-in contract.

They asked me to stay with them, and offered me their B/B account for £19.00 per month for the first 12 months, then back to the normal price of £27.99 per month, but on a month by month contract. So after the first 12 months I could, if I wished cancel with just a months notice.

This is an excellent offer and is not being advertised by AOL, but is open to all those who take the same route as above, rather than the normal request of up-grade to B/B.

At 15:00 hours wednesday 23rd. I agreed and at 14:50 hours Friday 25th. BT called me to say, "Your line is activated" That's just under 48 hours. AOL say my modem will be with me Monday or Tuesday. I hope this information will be of use to AOL users. Regards to all John.

Thanks Powerless, Dead brain cells on my Part. Thought a sis was part of the set-up! :lol:

Scanner, Well I bought a LiDE 20 from local store because it said on the box and on Canon's website, USB2 interface. Due to the confusion surrounding USB2 and 1.1, it turned out to be 1.1 with a 2.0 interface??

I phoned Canon and explained that I wanted USB2 but shop [quite right] would not exchange as I had been using it for two months. So Canon sent me a cheque for £59.00 to cover the cost of the LiDE20, also said I could keep the scanner or sell it. They also delivered a new LiDE50 USB2 scanner and a bag of goodies for bringing to their attention misleading info. on their site. J. :rolleyes: