Password entry after a period of inactivity

I understand that in an environment where there could be many people running around it is a good thing for my computer to ask for a password if I were to walk away from it. However, my home PC does not need this level of security. If someone were to break into my house I think I'd have bigger problems than someone logging on to my PC. I've looked around in Windows and on the internet and couldn't find someone with the answer, so I thought I would ask outright. Thanks for your help, I'm sure that if this can be done someone here knows how to do it.

But I do want a password on my account since I use remote login and defiantly don't wan to leave windows open without a password. It lets me auto login, so I think there should be a way to disable this. If someone really wants my stuff just power down the computer and restart it and have full access to anything they want. This is why Microsoft drives me crazy.

I ended up finding the answer to my own question. All I wanted was to not need to enter the password after the screen saver, I was just fooled by the wording. I was looking for something that said something like "require password after screen saver" or something, not "On resume, display Welcome screen". Just another example of M$ trying to be user friendly but simply obscuring the meaning of things.