Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlanHo

Remove Floppy Drive from Explorer

5 posts in this topic

My new Vista computer does not have a floppy drive - but it still shows up in Windows Explorer.

I used Device Manager to uninstall it - and it was no longer shown in Explorer. However - after I rebooted the computer it popped up again.

There is no yellow warning triangle in Device manager - even though there is no floppy drive physically installed in the computer - but it is determined to show up in Windows Explorer.

Is there any way of killing the damned thing for ever and ever amen...... B)

You have to disable it, not uninstall.

(in device manager - start->run-> devmgmt.msc ->ok, right mouse button on the floppy and click on disable)

Yeah it will be automatically reinstalled, disabling it should solve the problem.

Thanks guys.....just done it and will await next boot up with keen interest.

To confirm the problem is resolved. Just booted the computer and Mr Floppy is nowhere to be seen.

Thanks again guys.