Can't Import Inside Folders OE Identity?

Adela

WinXP SP2; OE 6.0; IE 6.0.

I once backed up my OE identity in a folder on my desktop. I now wish to import the inside folders (with .dbx endings) within this backed up identity, into another identity which is in full use. Is there a way to do it? I'm a newbie but tried to import or somehow transfer them and didn't work.

Reason I need to import these inside folders (inbox, drafts, etc.) isi that they belong to my working identity in full use.

I'd appreciate SO much someone's help! :) Adela

Thanks so much Scarecrow Man! You have interpreted accurately my problem. All went well until the system refused "Desktop" where the backed up folder is. So I copied and pasted the folder into My Documents and clicked on all + signs. Found a folder called "Identities" showing 4 original identities and 4 duplicates) each with its long numbers/letters, and this is what it showed:

C:\Documents and settings\Adelamain\Application data\Identities

Hope I didnt skip one, but I stopped for fear that ALL identities will get imported at the same time. How can I import the files from one identity only, at a time, into its original identity? I mentioned in my post only one identity for clarity purposes, as once I learn how to do one, I'll do the other 3.

What do you think? Meantime, I can't thank you enough for putting me so much closer to maybe fix this weird thing after all. Adela

Hello again, after trying and trying I realize the system refuses each time because I don't seem to have the Folder Directory while in the import browsing page. What I had done was click on the items under My Documents where I had copied that backup folder to...

Do you happen to know why the Folder Directory doesn't show up when I browse in the import page?

Thanks so much for any ideas... Adela