HOTMAIL: problem with this website's security certificate

shokan

check your system time, i find certificate errors are usually due to an incorrect system time.

If that fails. go to Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab - click on "reset all zones to default"

Thanks for your reply.

The clock on my machine shows correct time.

Under security tab, reset zones etc is greyed out.

The time is correct, but is the date correct? Make sure the year etc. are set correctly.

If the problem still exists, you may want to reset your settings.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

Click 'Restore Defaults' at the bottom.

Thanks, what you suggested did work.

I have another issue though that I need help with. Any chance I can find out why I get "New program installed" balloon with the start menu all the time? It just started a couple of days ago while I was online. I checked running programs in Task Manager, that's OK. In Program files, there is nothing new. I can get rid of the balloon in a session by opening Start>All Programs and simply running my cursor up and down my program list. The balloon disappears for that session EXCEPT when I open up Google during the session and then the bubble reappears when I click Start. I realize I can disable the balloon permanently, but I would like to find out if it is indicative of a hidden program that was downloaded unbeknownst to me. I ran AVG complete scan and got only tracking cookies, which I deleted, to no effect on the balloon. System Restore to few days back also didn't help.

Both problems now fixed. In fact, when I corrected the date, I only corrected the month and day. I went back and corrected the year and everything's good.

Website security messages did start reappearing since my last post after I thought they were gone for good. Like I said, it was because I was in 2006. How it got that way, I have no idea. What would make a PC set itself back two years? The new programs balloon is now gone also, BTW. Yay!

Thanks.