Wireless Network

AndyIoW

A friend has a BT Business hub in his office that also has a wireless connection to his laptop for when he is working in one of the other offices. This laptop has a habit of loosing the internet and then finding it again. He has a Belkin F5D7132UK range extender which I have set up according to the manual instructions and the laptops network monitoring gives 95% for the extender and about 20% for the original wireless point, however the internet connection lasts either for a short while or not at all.

My question is, have I forgotten something or could it just be the Laptop as it used to keep losing the internet before this extender was fitted.

Will be trying again this weekend but any suggestions of a program I could use would be grateful.

Note on the system if it helps

BT Business Hub connected wired to 3 office PCs running Windows ME

Laptop running XP Home works fine wired but a bit tempremental on the wireless side.