Getting a new computer - need help

Altuno

Hey there,

recently my computer has died two times in a row. I have tried all that i can and i think its time i got a new computer. Earlier i was told to tell someone exactly what i wanted in the computer. I know a bit about graphics cards, a bit about ram and a bit about other small things within a computer. I have decided on this so far:

Nvidia Geforce 9800 graphicst card

4gp ddr2 ram

Windows XP/Vista

I game and i make games, i play things like crysis and unreal tournament, this is why i need a strong fast computer. I dont know anything about processors or motherboards and i need help deciding on which i need. I also need to know what else other than these and what ive listed i need in a computer.

I'm wanting hardware that wont be so outdated in a year or two this is why i know i want a quad core processor (thats all i know). This will be my main and only computer for years to come and my last wasnt that great so im hoping that you could tell me what you would expect in a computer like this.

Thankyou