When using limewire or other p2p is windows Firewall/spybot S&D/&a

lizard_king4202

1. You don't mention any antivirus program; make sure that you have an active antivirus software installed.
  2. Make sure that all anti-malware definitions are always up-to-date.
  3. Have Windows and your application programs fully updated. Check with http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/.
  4. Always have a recent full backup of your system.
  5. Don't visit dangerous websites.
  6. Don't download illegal stuff.

I am sure there could be a few items added to that list, but if you observe these, you should be safe.

I forgot to mention i use Avast anti-virus. My maleware definitions, windows, and applications are very frequently updated.

my problem is windows backup has never worked for backing up the entire hard drive ever, even on fresh reinstall of windows. system restore works I use that frequently, The only other backup i do is burn as many files to dvds as possible... Im waiting for a blu ray burner so I can backup the entire thing with relative ease.

If you know of a way to solve the backup software problem let me know.

1. You don't mention any antivirus program; make sure that you have an active antivirus software installed.
  2. Make sure that all anti-malware definitions are always up-to-date.
  3. Have Windows and your application programs fully updated. Check with http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/.
  4. Always have a recent full backup of your system.
  5. Don't visit dangerous websites.
  6. Don't download illegal stuff.

I am sure there could be a few items added to that list, but if you observe these, you should be safe.

Use IP Spoofing software or Proxy software if you REALLY want to feel safe, also scan your files before opening them with an anti-virus program.

You shouldn't use Limewire anymore by the way. The GNUtella network is being monitored by that company now. I can't remember the name but the name is 3 capitals. I keep thinking of ADP but it's either them or ADP is my dentist. :S

But anyway, you get what I mean... Bittorent P2P's are best also because the files are less likely to have viruses or any malware inside them.