Here to Help

machiner

Hi.

I have been helping people migrate from Windows to Debian for a bunch of years and I am here to assist any of you that would like to do so. I am not here to cause trouble and I expect none in return. In the past I was an administrator for an NT network (ya, way back ;)) however I am no longer qualified to support Windows. What I can do is help with partitioning, backing up, migrating, installing Linux and helping you to find your way around, contain your glee, and help you get the most out of Linux. Currently I build and operate servers, consult small business, build and SEO websites and a whole bunch of other Linux and computing related stuff.

I have a site that has been up for a few years and has propogated about the web and has been well received. It's exactly about migrating to and using Linux. If anyone cares to view it it's here. I don't mention it as spam only to show that I am serious about assisting others. Keep in mind that my site is a bit tongue-in-cheek and sometimes sarcastic and abrasive and there may be a few cuss words strewn about. It's a gift ;) Moreover, I wrote it in stream-of-consciousness mostly because I felt that talking to (at, with) was better than good technical writing. Pfft - who am I kidding, I'm a horrible writer, but the site's full of good stuff.

Additionally, I am in the process of fine-tuning my business and creating a web site to showcase it at debainathome.com But don't bother yet, I'm far too busy at the moment, and that's for paying customers anyway - forums are free. If you are curious, though - you can contact me and I can tell you what I can do for your business or home.

So, there it is. I'm a Linux guy poking into a Windows forum to do what I can for those of you that want it.

Computers suck - go outside and meet your neighbors.

--machiner