Sky Drive (25 GB) Versus GMail Space (7000GB)

bochiman

But they still don't appear to allow POP, IMAP and SMTP!

I find it very useful to manage all my email accounts from the one location (I use Thunderbird) and I find it highly annoying that I have to login to hotmail once every 120 just so my account stays active, and to check my emails.

But they still don't appear to allow POP, IMAP and SMTP!

I find it very useful to manage all my email accounts from the one location (I use Thunderbird) and I find it highly annoying that I have to login to hotmail once every 120 just so my account stays active, and to check my emails.

You could use Windows Live Mail (a well known Windows application) that allows you to read emails directly from your desktop and also synchronize other email accounts like GMail for example.

This topic is about optimal management methods of free online file storage services. GMail free storage space can be easily manipulated from within Windows as compared with SkyDrive.

Slyke - do you know how to configure Thunderbird with Windows Live by any chance? I'm trying at the minute and posted on this forum once about it but couldn't do it, also tutorials weren't much help.

Anyway, so this is an online data storage?

I found this on that blog which might be interesting for some. It's a light-weight email server which can be downloaded straight to your computer and supports IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2008/12/0...d-email-server/

Slyke - do you know how to configure Thunderbird with Windows Live by any chance? I'm trying at the minute and posted on this forum once about it but couldn't do it, also tutorials weren't much help.

Anyway, so this is an online data storage?

I found this on that blog which might be interesting for some. It's a light-weight email server which can be downloaded straight to your computer and supports IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2008/12/0...d-email-server/

Also this email server is easy to configure even for beginners as compared with the one existing in the XAMPP package for example. Regarding the online storage, this topic wants to underline the possibilities existing around GMail account free space to be used as a "virtual hard drive" for your computer. Currently a namespace shell extension (GMail Drive) and a Firefox plugin allows users to manage an unlimited number of "virtual drives". I have tested both of them and it seems that the limit for the file size on upload is 20 MB.