Help with batch file to read (certain) lines in a file

Hi everyone,

I have a script that I have written in *nix that works fine. Basically, it searches through a text file and finds expired entries. The only problem is that each entry is on multiple lines. For example:

Title:  Expired

User: John Doe
email: [email protected]
----------------------

Title: Something

User: Jane Doe
email: [email protected]

I would like to write a similar .bat file to run in Windows. If we can get it to do the following them I can tweak it further:

- Open the input file (let's just call it in.txt)

- Search for all lines that contain "Expired"

- If an expired entry is found, then echo the username and email that are 2 and 3 lines later.

I have a BASH script that does this on *nix machines, and when I tried to copy it to Windows and run it with Cygwin, I couldn't get it to work; it keeps giving me an error stating that the "done" token of my while loop is unexpected (which it shouldn't be). I don't want to have to install Cygwin on a bunch of machines just to get this script to work so I was just trying to copy ONLY the cygwin DLL files that I needed. It finally stopped complaining about missing DLL files but it still doesn't work.

Similarly, I could accomplish this task with a Java program, but I don't want to have to install Java on a bunch of a machines either. It seems like a .bat file would be best since it doesn't require any extra installations. Hopefully the above description is clear. Thanks!