Stopping temporary Internet connection

lzcool

Hello dear friends,

The reason I'm writing here is to ask for your help with a small problem we need to solve.

We have to restrict users from using Internet 2 hours a day in some computers from the network.

The problem is we want to do it automatically.

I've thought about changing the pc's gateway for the 2 hours and later returning it to normality, I've

done a little research and I might be able to do it using the command netsh, the problem is it needs

to run as administrator and the user in the pc's is not an administrator.

I've the computers running windows XP professional and they are connected to a windows server

2003 pc, I've searched information on how to do it from there, but I haven't been able of finding anything =(

I'd really appreciate your help so I can do it.

This is an urgency from work and we really need to do it, so, thanks for your time.

Best Regards

----------------------------

lzcool

I'm not sure there's a way to do this automatically in Windows. I'm evaluating some products that can do those things and much more. One is SmoothWall's Network Guardian, and the other is Hosted Security by WebSense.

You can read more about Network Guardian here:

http://www.smoothwall.net/products/networkguardian2008/

More on WebSense here:

http://www.websense.com/content/WebSecurityOverview.aspx