Cant access websites

Vibin

I've been trying to get websites but not able to do so .. Accidently i've installed a program from internet , it turned to be a mess then onwards . My 127.0.0.1 itself is been blocked , but when ping 'ed from cmd prompt its there , but through web browser I cant access it .

I think each and everything has been blocked by that program , something like changing values of registry, coz i'm poor in regedit can anybody help me to get back my internet .

I swear i'll never download and install programs from internet now and then

Welcome to the Windows Forum.

There is a chance that your computer has become infected with malware. Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware installed, are they up-to-date, and have you run a full scan of your hard disks?

If not, scan your computer with Trendmicro Housecall: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall7/ - you can choose between the download version 7.1, or the online scan version 6.5 (that is, if you can access the site at all).

Please report back how it goes.

Also, when you get it sorted out you might find it useful to install the free Web of Trust (MYWOT) which is a little utility that sits in the browser and warns you about unreliable and untrustworthy web sites. It's not always 100% correct, but it's a big help and many of us on this forum use it. There's a similar free utility called called McAfee SiteAdvisor (just do a search for it).

You CAN download programs from the internet (it's a good resource) but you need to have reasonable secuity software:

2-way Firewall

Anti-virus

Anti-malware

Site checker

This are the minimum, in my experience.

Welcome to the Windows Forum.

There is a chance that your computer has become infected with malware. Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware installed, are they up-to-date, and have you run a full scan of your hard disks?

If not, scan your computer with Trendmicro Housecall: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall7/ - you can choose between the download version 7.1, or the online scan version 6.5 (that is, if you can access the site at all).

Please report back how it goes.

Thanks everyone , I myself figure it out , it was a program which edited , hosts file of system32 folder. Where sites listed in that file get banned from using , i deleted the content , Whoila ...!! It worked