iTunes Sharing

MomChilo

Hi all,

I have a problem with iTunes Sharing on my home computers, and also with Bonjour server on my NAS.

So this is the problem:

I have 2 notebooks (one with Microsoft XP SP3, one with W7) and both of them have wireless adapters.

I also have Planet NAS-7101 with Bonjour supporting and iTunes server, so I can play music from NAS through iTunes.

And finally, I have TP-link TD-W8920G wireless router on witch I connect all 3 devices!

First of all, my NAS device is connected via Ethernet to the router, because it is not a wireless NAS device.

Then, when I connect both of my notebooks via Wi-Fi to the router, I can see shared libraries from those computers in iTunes,

but I can't see the NAS device in Shared devices!

If I connect one of my notebooks via Ethernet, and the other one via Wi-Fi, there is no Shared libraries in iTunes, but there is a NAS-7101_Music_Box in Shared folder!

And finally, if I connect both of my notebooks via Ethernet, not only I can see Shared libraries from both computers, but there is also NAS-7101_Music_Box in Shared folder!

So, is it really that ALL the devices have to be connected via Ethernet or ALL of them via Wi-Fi to the local network in order to play Shared libraries???

I wanted to use iTunes Sharing like this:

Both notebooks connected via Wi-Fi, and NAS connected via Ethernet, because what is the use of notebook if it is connected via Ethernet?:-)

Is there any possible solution to this problem???

Please help me,

I'm waiting for reply.

So, is it really that ALL the devices have to be connected via Ethernet or ALL of them via Wi-Fi to the local network in order to play Shared libraries???

If they are not all connected to a common link then they can not be considered to be connected can they?

Don't get it?!:-)

If I connect my notebook to the router via Wi-Fi and another one via Wi-Fi too, and NAS via Ethernet to the same router, they are all connected and can use Internet,so they are connected right?!

But I don't know why is so important to connect all of them in the same way (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)???