Windows Startup Script

Hello I have a question to run by you all here. Let me explain the situation as of now:

I work for what is called the Community Access Program for Canada. We provide free computer services for people and we also teach them how to use computers.

What we have designed is a page that loads in Kiosk mode with for with IE 8 where a survey is displayed for when the user logs into windows. This survey takes their results and forwards it to our SQL database. Once the user is completed telling us what services they are using on this form the kiosk mode disappears and they can then use the computer.

We have created a batch file to run with mmc for each user whic h displays the survey on a remote server. This part works fine.

The problem is this...I noticed is that pressing ALT+TAB will get rid of the screen, pressing the windows button on the keyboard will display the start menu, defeating the purpose of our kiosk mode.

My question:

Is there a way we can run a command/script on the startup so the explore.exe/taskbar.exe is terminated on login, and once the user completes this form and the window closes, explore.exe or taskbar.exe will execute allowing the user control of services on the machines.

The users we deal with have no computer experience so just eliminating these features such as explore.exe on startup until the form is completed will be just fine.

Can you run an exe on the client through mmc?

If you can then grab this: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

I came up with this:

; // Do not show a tray icon otherwise the user could exit.
AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide",1)

; // Wait for the browser window to become active.
WinWaitActive("BBC - Homepage - Opera", "")

; // Get the handle, otherwise the while statement below would end if the user switches tabs in the browser.
$Handle = WinGetHandle("BBC - Homepage - Opera", "")

; // Now we keep it on top and try to keep it there ;-))
While WinExists($Handle, "")

WinSetOnTop($Handle, "", 1) ; Keep the browser on top.
WinSetState($Handle, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ; If the browser is minimized, then maximize it
HotKeySet("{F12}", "Quit") ; Just in case you need to exit, Just don't let anyone know the key.

WEnd
Exit

Func Quit()
Exit
EndFunc ;==>Quit

Ignore the highlighting in the code box, it will show OK in the editor if you download it. You will then have to compile to give it a go.

There is one flaw, if the browser window is closed then that's it; the while statement will exit and the user will be shown the desktop. To get around this have a look here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105592