warning message on bootup re missing internet access server driver???

provlima

Whenever I boot up my Dell 1520 laptop I get the message “Windows needs to install driver software for your Internet Access Server.

I have a Cisco E-1000 router that is accessing the internet so I don’t know if the message is referring to the router software. I am then prompted to load the driver from the disk, and I install the Cisco set up disk, but the PC cannot find drivers on the disk. I then get prompted to have the PC search on line for the driver, and that results in “windows was unable to find drivers for your device”

When checking in Device Manager the internet access server under other devices has a trangle with an exclamation point. Is the generic internet access server referring to my Cisco wireless router???

When you received your router, did it come with some instructions on how to install the drivers? Especially, did it ask you to install the drivers before connecting the hardware? And if so, did you do that?

Thank you for your reply!

The router comes with a setup disk which automates the process. I used it to set up the router and it worked without any problems to configure my laptop. When I explored the CD could not find any driver files on the disk. Also when I was prompted to insert the disk as a result of the warning

about the missing access server driver, I received the message windows couldn't find it on the disk. I was then given the option of having windows automatically search the internet, and the reply received was it could not be found. I tried reloading the driver through Device Manager, and met with the same results. Then I went to the Cisco site downloaded the driver for my router model and couldn't open it.

I'm beginning to think the message is some kind of a software windows software glitch as the router seems to be working fine

What would happen if I right click/uninstall the internet server device icon in device manager??

Thanks again for your help!

• 1 month later...

The same problem was posted here recently :-
/>http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/e24e2cbe-75fb-45bd-a3e6-76c3891fa31d

I am having the same problem, and I tried the step(s) outlined in the above post with no luck. I have tried searching for drivers on the installation disk (the product is a linksys e3000), to no avail. I am running Windows Vista, but I also have a computer running Windows 7, through which the so-called "internet access server" installed without problem.

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...