Inconsistent Email Downloads

AlanHo

I am on Telewest cable broadband with the facility to access Emails either via Outlook Express or via webmail.

It is my habit to first use webmail to see the headers of all messages on the server - delete the spam - and then use Outlook Express to read the acceptable mail.

Sometimes Outlook Express has downloaded a message I did not see on the webmail server - but I have never thought much about it - thinking it was a timing issue and had just arrived.

However today it happened again and out of curiosity I took a deeper look.

As usual I used webmail first - then Outlook Express and found a message not on webmail. I right clicked on the message - looked at properties - and found it had been sent to my correct Email address except only that the address was all in capitals. Back to webmail - but the message is not there.

I then tried Mailwasher - but that didn't find the message either.

So here's the question - how can Outlook Express download a message not appearing on the Telewest server when viewed by either Mailwasher or webmail.

:stupid:

I have done some searching around but can't really find anything that would give a definite answer on this on. I think the key may be that the email address is written in capitals......... I would send telewest an email asking them why you can't access these mails on your web server and see what they say. If you get any sense out of them then please post back because I would be interested to know the outcome of this!! :)

Nel

I had already tried Telewest - they say it should make no difference.

I had another Email today from the same company and this one worked OK.

It is beginning to look as if it was a freak incident or my powers of observation are slipping - I will keep a close watch and post back if it happens again.

Thanks for your efforts - it is appreciated.

:wallbash: