issues with remote desktop

bobby_2009

hi, i am learning how to create a remote desktop connection between my office computer (win xp pro, sp3) and some other office computers on the same network. some questions which i have:

1. some of these office computers have disabled remote connection, and i do not have admin rights to enable that option. is there a way to enable it remotely? it is rather troublesome for me to obtain an administrator account

2. for the computers that i can connect to, i notice that after i disconnect from the client computer, the host computer is still locked, ie it still shows that i am signed in, and disallows others (except administrators) from logging on. is there a way to unlock the host computer when i disconnect?

3. although the office computers are on the same network as mine, i cannot connect to them using their computer names. i have to connect using the IP address. does anyone know why? and it is not that i mind using the IP addresses, it is just that these computers have dynamic IP's, and i have yet to figure out a way to sort of keep track of their IP's so that i can log on whenever i want.

thanks for any suggestions!

i have managed to answer some of my own questions after browsing through the internet and some trial-and-error. realised that i have to 'log off' to unlock the host, and not simply 'disconnect'. also realised that i have to enter the computer name instead of the full computer name (ie with the full address) to access computers on the same network. but still haven't managed to solve my first question.

also, i am not able to remote into a computer located on another floor, although it can remote back. and other computers on the same floor can also remote into it. is this a problem with some firewall and port-forwarding? can anyone guide me how to do it?

bobby_2009,you are most likely not getting any responses because your queries appear less than legitimate.

"1. some of these office computers have disabled remote connection, and i do not have admin rights to enable that option. is there a way to enable it remotely? it is rather troublesome for me to obtain an administrator account"

It would appear that you are not bestowed administrative rights,for whatever reason.I do not believe any respectable member here will assist you with "hacking" into a network.

I would venture to say that the easiest way to obtain admin rights would be to discuss this issue with your network administrator.