Pc2700 Backwards Compatible?

Hi everyone.

I have a duel memory board that accepts sdram and ddr ram. not at the same time, of course. At the moment it has 256mb of pc133 sdram. The board has a max fsb of 266 and pc2100 (133Mhz) is recommended for the ddr slots. :blink:

I do a lot of video editing and want to increase my ram from 256 to 512. Now I may be changing the board to accept a 333mhz cpu in about 3 or 4 months. I would like to have ddr memory now,and obviously the fastest. The price of pc2100 and pc2700 are virtually identical. :unsure:

The idea being to get the ram that would make the new board work at it's best.

Question 1) will the pc2700 (333Mhz) work in the pc2100 (266mhz) slots, is it backwards compatible like sdram.

Question 2) Am I likely to get more errors than normal, because the ram is running at a slower speed?

Thanks Mr. M

I think I may have made my post slightly confusing.

The present ram is 133 mhz sdram.

The board states that pc2100 is the acceptable \ maximum speed for any ddr memory I wish to install. I do not have any at the moment.

Through Ellas's kind reply and link. Crucial state that I can have either 2100\2700\3200 ddr ram in the board. This of course will only run at the boards max of 266Mhz, but it will come in good stead for the new motherboard.

Thank you for pointing out not to mix two different speeds of ram. :)