Unable to connect to any Microsoft site

Rhonda68

Have 2 computers, one an older Dell running XP and the other a new Toshiba running Windows 7 Home Premium. We connect through Verizon to MSN Messenger for email. The Dell is a physical connection, the Toshiba is wireless.

Beginning on Saturday, Feb 5, we started having issues connecting to MSN via the links that we've had set up--"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. We get that message on both computers, however, we can connect to other web sites, Google, CNN, Fox, HGTV, etc., In addition, while trying to troubleshoot, I am unable to get to any link that has microsoft in the URL such as TechNet or even microsoft.com.

I am able to get to a Windows Live Mail link so I can actually view my email, but even that was a challenge. We had been getting a message on the XP PC that we had to upgrade Windows Live, but cannot connect to the Microsoft site to download it.

I've had a good amount of experience troubleshooting PC issues, but not recently, so my skills are a bit rusty. It seems strange to me that both PCs are having the same issue, which leads me to think that it is provider related, but it looks like everything is working fine when I check the Verizon details.

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations?

Before I had a chance to get with Verizon, they must have fixed whatever it was because everything is working fine now. Probably related to the ice storm we had over the weekend, but would have been nice to get some kind of notification from them. I wasn't looking forward to spending an hour or more on the phone with them tomorrow. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.