Firefox or IP remembers even after a new system install?

shokan

I recently installed a new HD and Windows XP. I used Firefox before and continued with that on the new HD. Is any info on my browsing retained anywhere, such as with the Internet Provider? The reason I ask is because a site I visited, right after the new install, was highlighted as if I'd been there before. This doesn't make sense. Is it my imagination?!! LOL.

Thanks.

No, it isn't your imagination.

If you link to many websites using any computer and information that you have previously used it will most likely be remembered by the site itself. This is especially true of sites of dubious character!

Your data such as name, web/email address, ISP etc. all contribute to our lack of privacy in this.

If you want to remain anonymous use the Private Browsing facility which is offered on many web browsers now (look under Tools).

No, it isn't your imagination.

If you link to many websites using any computer and information that you have previously used it will most likely be remembered by the site itself. This is especially true of sites of dubious character!

Your data such as name, web/email address, ISP etc. all contribute to our lack of privacy in this.

If you want to remain anonymous use the Private Browsing facility which is offered on many web browsers now (look under Tools).

If you've visited once, will applying Private Browsing before a second visit wipe record of your first visit? ie no longer be highlighted in browser search results?