Editing posts?

Crollo

Hello, apologies if there is already a topic about this as I've searched and couldn't find anything relevant, but is it not possible to edit posts? This is severely aggravating not being able to add in information after the fact without double posting which, I believe, is against the rules.

Moreover I'm seeing posts that were made only a couple months back having edits, am I just missing something blatantly obvious here?

EDIT: As it turns out as soon as I posted this I noticed a edit button, confused I went to a couple other topics I posted in and I still don't have a edit button. Why can you only edit the first post of a topic you created? This is a completely counter-intuitive system.

There is an editing time limit on threads. Also, the edit facility is removed when a reply is made. This is to ensure that responses given in good faith to an original post are not made irrelevant or nonsensical by injudicious editing of earlier contributions.

If you need to edit a post after the time limit or whenever the facility is removed, please contact a member of staff.