plink output timing conrol

I am using plink but it seems to buffer the output up to maybe 100 characters or so before it sends it back to the host. Is there a way do control this? Perhaps by an elapse time since the last output or the number of characters to buffer before output?

I know very little about this so I will leave some details, and link about plink here just in case anyone reading may be able to help you.

PLINK is a free, open-source whole genome association analysis toolset, designed to perform a range of basic, large-scale analyses in a computationally efficient manner.

The focus of PLINK is purely on analysis of genotype/phenotype data, so there is no support for steps prior to this (e.g. study design and planning, generating genotype or CNV calls from raw data). Through integration with gPLINK and Haploview, there is some support for the subsequent visualization, annotation and storage of results.

PLINK (one syllable) is being developed by Shaun Purcell at the Center for Human Genetic Research (CHGR), Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), and the Broad Institute of Harvard & MIT, with the support of others.

Link: http://pngu.mgh.harv.../tutorial.shtml

It seems a wee bit heavy for a home computer forum reader really. You may have a quicker response by contacting Harvard or Massachusetts General Hospital direct.

John.