vpn connection issue

lazzz

Hello,

We are trying to setup a workstation to workstation vpn thru the internet, we got thru the initial part of having the one computer being the server side,and the connection was successful. Now I'm trying to map the drive, which is where i run into issues.

I've tried using the 'run' window and using \\ipaddressofserverworkstation

I've also gone to the 'map network drive' button and adding the same address

Nothing...

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I do see quite a few forums out there regarding this issue, and their 'over my head'...

If someone could provide me with simplistic terms, would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Max

If someone could provide me with simplistic terms

:welcomewf:

If only things were that simple with anything related to computing Max. :(

If it's a paid VPN you should be getting free support. Even if it's a free service there should be some sort of support to help you. ( I'm thinking stuff like "Teamviewer" here.)

It's a bit of a minefield question to throw out on an open forum when you are dealing with router setup, IP addresses, Port fowarding, Firewall instructions, etc.

I would be looking to liase with someone who is running the VPN, or at least someone is using the same VPN system for your answers here Max. That way you may be lucky and find a plain speaker rather than Geek Speke.

John.

We are trying a straight VPN directly thru windows. We did try gBridge as a backup plan, which would flawlessly. I was thinking of doing some backwards investigating with that particular software. Firewall is turned completely off, including anti-virus software. We kept port 1723 open as i believe we had already been through that problem. We've got the right ip address considering I am connected to his VPN...

To me it's one of those "You had to be there" sort of problems that is not easily answered by means of forum.

I left it a while before my reply just in case anyone came forward to help you.

The only thing I can suggest is that you carry on experimenting, and perhaps try a couple of the "Network Specific" forums. (Links Below)

http://www.dslreport...m/forum/sharing

http://forums.speedg...etworking-Forum

Sorry that we cannot be of more help at this time. :(

John.