Saving registry

If I save the 'Registry' prior to reinstalling Windows and then reinstall the 'Registry' after,

will that alleviate the problem of reinstalling all my programs?

Or should I save and reinstall the 'System 32' also?

or

Is it possible to not lose my programs on a reinstall?

By re-installing any remnants (Registry or System 32) of a previous incarnation of your system you stand a very good chance of defeating the reason for the re-install.

What is the reason for a re-install? If it merely that some parts are not functioning properly, it is possible to carry out a repair install but note this will not remove malware/viruses etc.

A repair install is carried out by inserting the Windows disk, rebooting the computer and following the onsceen instructions.

By re-installing any remnants (Registry or System 32) of a previous incarnation of your system you stand a very good chance of defeating the reason for the re-install.

What is the reason for a re-install? If it merely that some parts are not functioning properly, it is possible to carry out a repair install but note this will not remove malware/viruses etc.

A repair install is carried out by inserting the Windows disk, rebooting the computer and following the onsceen instructions.

Tried the "Repair" install, nothing changed, still not responding to search result clicking.

The"Repair" install was very quick just a couple of seconds so I am wondering if it did anything in the way of repairing?

We are now a little bit nearer to knowing which parts are not working - "not responding to search result clicking." Is that the only thing? A Windows re-install seems a somewhat drastic measure if that is all that is malfunctioning.

Is this with all search engines or just one? If only one, try a different search engine.

We are now a little bit nearer to knowing which parts are not working - "not responding to search result clicking." Is that the only thing? A Windows re-install seems a somewhat drastic measure if that is all that is malfunctioning.

Is this with all search engines or just one? If only one, try a different search engine.

Good suggestion. I tried Chrome and all seemed to work ok. so it's just IE.. I will try a resinstall of IE 9 and see how it goes.

thanx pops...