HDD

yesterday my hp laptop crashes the windows 7 operationg system a couple of time, I rebooted in safe mode to recover my data in a internal hdd of another laptop with some external cables, after I did a clean installation of the system, I tried to recover my data but it is inpossible, I being tring everything I could, the hdd that had data is recognized by the computer but it do not let go inside, when tried it said that format disk or windows explorer not responding and I can ear the reading noise, someone can help me please.

thank you in advance

the only way to get the data back is with Linux, ...

Would one care to expound upon this a bit? Possibly the process by which to achieve data recovery?

Linux is a great tool and/or operating system.

@ Lenier : Whatever you do; do not format the drive or install anything to it. As alluded to by Lenier, there are other ways in which to recover data. Let's give him/her a chance to hold forth and if not forthwith in forthcoming there are others who may assist.