Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter

Hey everyone, I have a Windows 7 64 bit PC and have recently returned the PC to it's factory settings (clean install) by using the HP Recovery Manager. When I used disk defragmenter in the past it would go all the way up to somwhere around "pass/relocated 12" even when the disc was 0% fragmented, but now it only get's up to "pass/relocated 2" and then it stops like it is completely finished and the C drive has been completely defragmented. I was wondering if this was normal or if there was something wrong. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Grab yourself Ultimate Defrag 1.72 here for free:

http://www.pcworld.c...escription.html

That way you will have some good visuals on what is going on.

It works with 64bit. - I use it.

Yes Defragmenter is good you can also get if from Filehippo.com

really quite easy and thank you

thanks

Commercial links removed - contrary to Forum Rules

• 5 weeks later...

Ah-Hah. Well spotted.

No I think you will find that Boris just removed a commercial link because it is contrary to forum rules.

Sometimes you have to stick to the old adage of "Treating fools lightly" no matter what pseudonym they choose on any particular day.

Anyway. Back on topic.

ULTIMATE DEFRAG 1.72 FREE PUBLIC DOMAIN VERSION

"Though now impossible to find at vendor DiskTrix's site, there's an older 1.72 public domain version of the company's excellent Ultimate Defrag. Despite its age, it still has all the optimization features anyone could want--including the ability to choose individual files to move for faster access."

The link in the post I originally gave now seems dead so here is a direct download link:

http://www.freewareg...ditionSetup.exe

John.