Suggestions on my temperatures for my laptop?

Hello, this is my first post and just wanted to know if someone could provide some insight as to the temperatures of my laptop. It's a bit older (maybe 5 years). I formatted it and cleaned it all out. It is running windows XP. It is a Dell Latitude D620. It tends to get pretty hot and I do use it on a flat surface so it can vent. I haven't opened it up yet, but the person I got it from told me they paid some place $75 (huge waste of money in my opinion) 2 years ago to clean it and they opened it up and cleaned out all the dust and what not.

I downloaded SpeedFan and I have some temperatures below. Was just wondering what you guys thought of them. These temps are just under normal wear, I don't have any other programs up running.

GPU - 58

HD0- 38

Temp1 - 46

Core 0 - 45

Core 1- 45

Core - 52

All these temps are in Celcius by the way. I am just wondering if these are too hot. The bottom of the laptop feels pretty darn warm and I am just wondering if I should open it up and replace the fans and put new thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU? Thanks for your guys input.

The temperatures look OK to me as well.

Remember that a computer will not commit suicide and at any prospect of fatal overheating it will shut itself down.

Regarding thermal paste, there is a lot of rubbish written about this. The paste is there to present a very close thermal contact between two components - usually a heatsink and CPU. Applying lots of paste defeats the object of the close contact and can result in a condition worse than before.

By all means gently remove any accumulated dust in the case but do this very carefully and preferably with a natural bristle brush (to prevent static build-up which is more likely with a brush having synthetic bristles), or use an air jet.

I did not have the Automatic fan speed checked. I had the shut and just opened it and turned on fan speed right away and a blue down arrow is next to everything. The temperature are rising and when I wrote the post the other day there was a flame next to 2 of the things. I believe GPU and Core. I am debating taking it apart and seeing if there is any dust in the fan or what not. I know that when laptops are used you can't really prevent heat, because well thats what they do lol. But I just want to make sure its not TOO hot as to where a problem can occur. Thanks for the help.