error code:0x8004ff01

Hello everyone,

im trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server.

The MSE installation stops, and i get the error error code:0x8004ff01, unfortunately i didnt found a solution till now.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• 10 years later...
On 7/4/2012 at 11:36 AM, v0id said:

Hello everyone,

im trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server.

The MSE installation stops, and i get the error error code:0x8004ff01, unfortunately i didnt found a solution till now.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hello v0id,

The 0x8004ff01 Microsoft Security Essentials Error Code is caused by misconfigured system files in your windows server. The 0x8004ff01 MSE error is the Hexadecimal format error. 

The 0x8004ff01 Microsoft Security Essentials error might be caused by windows system file damage. The corrupted system file entries can be a real threat to the well-being of your server. If your Microsoft Corporation file is suffering from those troubles, replacing it with a new file should resolve the issue.

Here are some of the ways that you can give try to fix the MSE installation error issue. You can follow the steps below,

Close Conflicting Programs:

The foremost thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop the conflicting programs.

• Firstly, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at once. It lets you see the list of programs currently running.
  • Now, go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by observing each program and clicking the End Process button.
  • You must observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
  • Once you identify which program is causing the error, you may reinstall the application.

Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs:

• Firstly, click the Start button, then click the Control panel
  • Now, under the Programs & Features option, you can locate a list of installed programs
  • Lastly, uninstall a conflicting program and reinstall it.

Update / Install latest Windows update:

• Firstly, click on the Start menu, locate Settings, and navigate to Update & Security.
  • Then, go to Windows Update, then click on Check for updates option.
  • If any latest windows update is available, click on Install to update.
  • Lastly, restart the server and check if the issue persists.

Install the latest Windows Installer:

• Firstly, download and install the latest Windows Installer 4.5 from the official Microsoft site.
  • Lastly, ensure the Windows Installer service is set to Automatic and Started.

You can resolve the 0x8004ff01 MSE installation error by following the above steps. I hope the given fixes work for you to troubleshoot the error. If you face any errors, you can update me here will be glad to help you for the same.

---------------------

Regards,

Rex M