Xbox 360 Controller - calibration issues Windows 7

First time poster, hopefully can give enough information in this one post to sum up my issues (I couldn't find any guidelines on what to include so I'll just be verbatim)

tl;dr: My right analogue stick on an official Xbox 360 USB controller, when moved to the bottom right edge of it's movement (SE) only registers a input of 80% on the x and y axis; it should register 100% movement on both of the axes. When moved to the top left it's registered correctly at 0% on both axes.

Long story:

I bought a new Xbox 360 USB controller for my Windows 7 x64 (No service pack) to use in some games. The drivers installed correctly on Plug-n-Play; all buttons and joysticks worked and I booted up some games. I noticed that when I try to use the right analogue stick to pan to the bottom right - the camera moves extremely slowly compared to any other corner of the stick. Thinking it's a calibration issue I recalibrated the controller and the problem persisted. No problem, I’ll just reinstall the device drivers again. No luck, the problem persists.

I notice that the left stick is registered as a stick - but the right stick is just assigned a rotation value ranging from 0-65535 on the x-rotation and y-rotation. Is there some third party drivers anyone knows that fixes these issues? Alternatively, some patch so that the right stick has the full range of values, perhaps some henceforth-obscure config i can edit?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, I'm amazed I missed that in my searches! But I suspect it's a hardware issue and am now looking for a better quality replacement.

Hopefully I'll be an active member of the community, fairly knowledgable windows tech here but that's onlyIf i can be half arsed to log in now and then :P

Thanks for your reply, I'm amazed I missed that in my searches! But I suspect it's a hardware issue and am now looking for a better quality replacement.

Hopefully I'll be an active member of the community, fairly knowledgeable windows tech here but that's only If i can be half arsed to log in now and then :P

Hope you do...

We are always happy to see new active members. ;)