Windows 7 Professional versus Ultimate

I am using Windows Home Premium (and like it very much) and just learned that the Professional and Ultimate versions have an XP mode that will allow me to run an XP program that will not run on the Premium version. Since I need this program to maintain my website I want to upgrade. I'm looking for advice on whether I should go with the Professional or Ultimate version.

FYI, I use my computer a great deal to do graphics, web design and database work, but I'm not a computer geek so I don't know a great deal about the inner workings. Therefore I am looking for a somewhat simple answer in technical terms.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Marcus

P.S. The program I need to use is Macromedia Flashpaper that converts almost any document to a flash document that is zoom and pan capable. Adobe bought Macromedia and is no longer supporting it.

See this chart that compares the three Windows 7 editions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

Most likely the Professional edition will do what you need.

How to upgrade: see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-anytime-upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to choose Professional. It is the most best and the best Windows 7 version that suits on every PC. (Either RAM in 1 GB or 2 GB. It runs great and the PC are not dizzying). I also recomended Ultimater version, but it seems like ultimate version are likely to updates, and that will be annoying whe you tried to surf the web. But it will make the ultimate version to keep maintain and stable all the time. Althoug, ultimate version are kind a late in startup. But you can tweak it like the other windows version. Home Premium are little bit light other than ultimate. Only it might have few feature in it. IDK about the price because it just taking Professinal one without have a look over HP and Ultimate. So, i really suggested youto have the Profesional one.