How to best prepare image with text for digital projection?

The problem is:

resising the vertical text block in horizontally square letters remain poorly legible.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

1. Place text image in prepared square 1280 x 768 x 96 dpi.

a9yarm2pjy3o25iqx76.jpg

1a. While the picture is larger everything looks good.

rs1xqfc1428e9e1l9t.jpg

2. I try to put a picture to the required area.

vjl8dwme8iav667voqhb.jpg

2a. Not reducing the text to the desired image size seems that nothing would be readable.

el0305ueddkegen7so1.jpg

3. I try to rotate the image 90 °.

swzi7w1zvafpzummyp1u.jpg

3a. Reducing the size closer to the desired result is better.

lgojhd0ikccaxw65o88.jpg

The majority of people including the corporate world seem to manage just fine with Powerpoint (.PPT)

(Make sure the text images are in something high quality (Not JPG !) go for GIF or PNG.)

Read up about anti-aliasing for the raggedy letters.

Read the following websites for a greater understanding before going any further.

http://bnoack.com/index.html?http&&&bnoack.com/video/projectionrules.html

http://www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/guide_present/index.cfm

My Niece used to have a flat in Riga.

My good friend Jan Kivitis lived just outside Riga.

How are things in Riga ?

John.

The majority of people including the corporate world seem to manage just fine with Powerpoint (.PPT)

Thanks, John, for ansver and suggestions!

Documents are historical, museum quality and will good to present them whole as is. I think combine full page image presentation and Fine Reader (full-text display, perhaps on multiple pages).

Today in Riga 0 to +2°C. Feelings as if it were spring. Also, the birds are singing. However much snow on the streets.

The important issue when dealing with high quality images is the resolution (PPI); the higher the resolution, the higher the quality (and of course, the larger the file size).

Using high-resolution images will create images that will print perfectly. Unfortunately the display quality (on the computer monitor) can only go up to a certain level - monitors do not resolve to the same quality (DPI) as printers do.

So if your image appears to be low quality, it may in fact still be high quality; you just don't see it on your monitor.

And I agree with John, don't use JPG - its compression will lose quality. Also don't use GIF - it can only handle 256 colors. I always use PNG (or PSD, as long as an image remains in Photoshop).

• 10 years later...

Here are some tips for preparing an image with text for digital projection:

Sizing images: Projectors come in a range of resolutions or pixel dimensions. If you don’t know the resolution of the projector, it is recommended to size images to fit the highest projector resolution you are likely to find. So horizontal images should be 1920 pixels across, and vertical images 1200 pixels high. Square images 1200 pixels square.
File format and compression: When saving images for projection, use JPEG format. When you save each image you should be offered a range of quality settings and it is recommended to use Level 8 in Photoshop, also known as 60% or the lowest “High” setting. This provides the best compromise of size and quality.
Color management: If you are familiar with color management, it is recommended to save images in the sRGB color space. Most projectors have an sRGB preset which should be a close match for this space.
Borders: Some photographers like to put borders around their images when preparing them for projection. If you want to show your images at their strongest, this border should be black

• Like 1