Can't access my localhost web site

hcccs

I have had a local web site on my computer running Windows XP SP3 and IIS 5.1. It has been working for a couple of years and now I can't access it. I have asked myselft what changes I have made and the only thing that comes to mind is the move of my live web site from GoDaddy to One.com but that seems irrelevant. The event viewer error is "The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported".

Hello hcccs, welcome to Windows Forum. :)

Perhaps this MS Article will help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297519

When I click AdmTools/Local Security Policy I get this message:

"The Group Policy security settings that apply to this machine could not be determined.

The error returned when trying to retrieve these settings from the local security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The parameter is incorrect.

Etc etc ..."

When I look in the %windir%\security folder there is no 'database' folder there. How did it go missing? I have no clue. What can I do to restore it?

Esentutl utility checks for integrity, recovers or repairs the database but since I don't even have a database it can't help here. What about reinstalling IIS? Would that create a default security database?

hcccs, unfortunately I am not an expert in this. However, since it will 'recover' a database, perhaps it will find it, wherever it is?

Maybe another member will have more experience than my simple research. I would not wish to cause any further complication for you.

hcccs, unfortunately I am not an expert in this. However, since it will 'recover' a database, perhaps it will find it, wherever it is?

Maybe another member will have more experience than my simple research. I would not wish to cause any further complication for you.

Thanks Irene. Perhaps someone else can help out.

• 2 months later...