Wifi with static ip internet

Hi friends,

I'm using a d-link dap-1155 wifi router and have a cable internet with static ip, gateway, etc. so the problem is that i can't connect to my wifi with more than one device at the same time, as i have given the ip to the connecting devices, not to the wifi router itself, so i'm getting an ip conflict when connecting with, let's say, my iPad (when the laptop is already connected). Does anyone use this wifi device ? Please, help me to assign the ip to the router so i can connect to it from other devices with "get ip automatically" option. Thanks in advance.

post-24882-0-49337800-1369943919_thumb.j

Welcome to the Windows Forum.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "static IP". Usually you are assigned one IP address (static or dynamic) on the Internet, then your router uses internal IP addresses (such as 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2, ...) for the various devices on your network.

You write that you have "given the ip to the connecting devices"; what IP address is that?

Thank you for replying. So, i have manually configured my laptop, phone and ipad to use 10.50.78.26 as my ip address. And when i try to connect via ipad when the laptop is already connected, i get an ip conflict. I guess i must assign the 10.50.78.26 to my router and use automatic configuration on laptop, ipad, phone, but don't know how to do that.

post-24882-0-90864900-1370105626_thumb.j

Your IP address (on the Internet) is 91.196.38.2; that is what your provider supplies you with.

Your internal network IP addresses are 10.x.x.x addresses. Actually I do not know why you are using 10.x.x.x addresses; normally home users use 192.168.x.x addresses, and these are usually automatically assigned.