Since upgrading to windows 8 internet took a dive?

Csteeves

So yesterday I finally got around to upgrading to Windows 8 Pro, my college offers a download of it with our tuition costs.

My problem is this, ever since upgrading my internet has been slow. Not just slow, like terrible. I live in the country so I get what I can and before the upgrade I was sitting at around 360KB/S. Now after the upgrade I sit at roughly 20KBP/S and 50. I have forced Windows to install updates using the update manager. I have updated my D-Link DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band adapter manually. I have reset my router and I have also installed the new driver for my Realtek PCIe Lan Card. I really do not know what to do? I want to say it is a driver but I am not sure what it could be as I have covered all of them?

I do think it has something to do with my adapter, most likely will just pickup a new one come tomorrow afternoon, this one hasn't treated me too well in the past, I will post results after. The weird part about this situation is when downloading the speed seems normal for a second or two then it just drops to a bottle neck speed.

OKAY! I just answered my own thread. To anyone who uses windows 8's default firewall; if you decide to install a new browser make sure it is manually given permission. If you do not it will bottleneck your speeds, regardless whether it is running or not. Even after giving it admin privileges it wasn't given permission through the firewall.